"Made in Montana"
All Beaverhead Treasures handmade products are "Made in Montana" (MIM) certified. Every attempt is made to source raw products in the USA.... from the bison leather down to the tape to secure your package. Handmade items for sale on this website are individually produced, one at a time. Great care and attention to detail is given to each step when creating your purchase.
The Made in Montana program helps build recognition for products that are "authentically Montana." This is a badge of honor for artisans, growers and craftspeople working for something bigger than the bottom line. Montana is known for its spectacular unspoiled nature and charming small towns. The people and products that wear this badge carry a piece of that reputation with them, sharing the Last Best Place with the world.
Fun Montana State Facts
- Montana State Animal is the Grizzly Bear.
- Elk, deer and antelope populations outnumber the humans in Montana.
- Montana's state nickname is "The Treasure State" from of all the gold and silver deposits found in the mid 1800's. More recently it has been called "Big Sky Country" because of the endless views.
- Montana has the largest migratory elk herd in the nation.
- Montana boasts the largest breeding population of trumpeter swans in the lower United States.
- More golden eagles have been seen in a single day than anywhere else in the country at the Rocky Mountain Front Eagle Migration Area west of Great Falls.
- Montana State Flower is the Bitterroot, a beautiful purplish-pink flower. Before discovered and described by explorers Lewis and Clark, Native Americans were using its roots for food and trade.
- 46 out of Montana's 56 counties are considered "frontier counties" with an average population of 6 or fewer people per square mile.